Wednesday, September 12, 2012

The "Eyes" Have It

I love make-up and am one of those people who rarely ever leaves the house without it on.  The only time I really don't wear make-up is if I am sick as a dog or spending the entire day in crummy clothes and cleaning the house from top to bottom.  It makes me feel confident and put together and like I am putting my best face forward (get it?).   However, in recent years, it seems eye shadow and I have had a love/hate relationship.  I love the stuff, and I love playing with different colors but it seems I can never find the right color for me, I can never find an eye shadow that has just the right amount of shimmer or when I apply it to my eyes I get that crumbly eye shadow dust on my cheeks and it looks like I went round for round with Tyson when I try to brush it off.  I recently found and purchased Make Up For Ever Aqua Shadow, an eye shadow pencil that you just color right across your lid, and am so impressed.  Available in 12 different colors (I'm currently using Pearly Copper), I love the ease of applying it and the color lasts all day. Plus, it really cuts down on the time I spend doing my make-up which is a huge plus since my time is severely limited these days.  Will I give up on regular shadow forever?  No - truth be told, I am dying to get Urban Decay's Naked Palette and Naked Palette 2 but since funds are a bit tight right now, that purchase will have to wait until after I return to work in a few weeks - but for a quick, easy, every day make-up routine, this eye pencil is a must have for my make-up bag.


No comments:

Post a Comment