Saturday, September 1, 2012

Welcome to my humble abode...

So, in the grand scheme of life there are dreamers and there are doers and I, my friends, seem to fall into both of those categories (I know what you're thinking - um, what?).  But I've recently decided that I'm a dreamer who wants to be a doer.  Let me explain.

When I first had my daughter Avery, I swore to the heavens that I would be the absolute best mom to the little blessing that had just been placed in my arms, as any mom would want to be.  Her safety and happiness would, without a doubt, always come before mine and I would fight to the death to always keep her protected.  But I also had all of these dreams and aspirations that I was going to be one of those moms who made every meal for her child from scratch using only fresh, organic ingredients, who wouldn't allow her child to watch television until she was 5, who would teach her child to be polite and to say please and thank you, and whose child never, ever, had any sort of temper tantrum because she had such a perfect life that she would never be so upset that she felt she needed to throw herself on the floor and scream like she was on fire.  And for a while, I was that mom.  And then Avery turned 18-months and did a complete one-eighty on my husband and I overnight.


The temper tantrums can be epic, my friends,  I'm not ashamed to admit that she lives on peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and has had more than one or two frozen chicken nuggets and we watch Tangled on loop about 4 times a day (trust me folks, sometimes mother does not know best).


And it's exhausting.  


But besides the tantrums, the refusal to eat any sort of vegetable that doesn't come in a food pouch and her love of Disney feature films, she is a happy little girl who I love and adore more than life itself.  She teaches me things every day and I look forward to our picnics in the park and outings when the weather is nice.


However, I still have that want and desire to be the mom that does it all for her family- works, cooks, cleans, sets aside an ample amount of play and outdoor time, does crafty, DIY projects that are budget friendly, and who remembers to take care of herself as well, because a mom who neglects to take care of herself, in the end, isn't doing the best for her family.  So, that is where I got the inspiration to create this blog and to finally become the doer that I have always dreamed about.   I'm going to be brutally honest about the joys and hardships of motherhood, talk about style (don't get too excited about this one - I'm a jeans a t-shirt kind of gal and always will be, but you can fancy up the look when needed), share recipes and DIY craft projects and maybe dedicate a post a week to something I have pinned on Pinterest (I'm an obsessive pinner) that I want to try - whether that be a recipe or beauty regimen or craft project - and together we can decide if it's a Pinterest Success or Pinterest Failure.  


It's going to be fun.  Who's with me? 

No comments:

Post a Comment